Apr 04, 2019
UKOUG Conference Liverpool, England
UKOUG, which is organised by the independent UK Oracle User Group, is the biggest event for Oracle professionals in the United Kingdom. MCX attended this technical conference to get up to speed with the latest developments and techniques in the field of management, automation and security. We attended sessions on Technology and Applications. On average 80 technology and 40 applications sessions were organised each day. It was impossible to attend all of them, so we focused on sessions around Systems, Platforms & DevOps, Database, Cloud and PeopleSoft.
Within Technology, we mainly heard new things about the following topics:
- The automated deployment of databases or even entire Linux environments, whether or not in the Cloud.
- The potential of the new database versions and the change in the lifecycle of these versions.
- Tooling for automating database management.
- Security, hardening, and
- The variety of cloud products and services.
Within Applications, and PeopleSoft in particular, attention was paid to:
- Support of PeopleSoft on-premise installations. Until 2030 support is guaranteed.
- The availability of PeopleTools 8.57 on-premise and the new possibilities of this release. For example, the deployment of software and automated management tasks.
- PeopleSoft in the Oracle Cloud and its management, and
- Tooling regarding (automating) PeopleSoft management.
We have learned a lot - knowledge we will apply with our customers. If you have any questions about one or more of these topics, please do not hesitate to ask them through firstname.lastname@example.org.